Today, my parents in law invited me for lunch. So I baked this dilicious moist cupcake for coffee after a meal. The parents loves these cupcakes because they were fresh, not too sweet, moist and tender. I'm really delighted with the result :-)
- 180g fresh nectarines (peeled, cored and coarsely chopped)
- 170g cake flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 110g butter
- 115g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest of one lemon
- 60g yogurt
- Mix together cake flour and baking powder, 2 times sifting and set aside. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Mix sugar and salt together. Then whisk the butter by using an electic hand whisk untill smooth. Gradually add in sugar mixing and further whisk until the butter is creamy and fluffy. Add egg one at a time and beating just until blended after each addition. Then whisk in vanilla and lemon zest.
- Stir in the flour mixture in 3 stages, alternating with yogurt. Mix them just until incorporated, do not overmix. Stir in 2/3 of nectarine.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan for about 3/4 full and stew with the rest of nectarine. Place the muffin pan in the middle of an oven and bake for about 20-22 minutes or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.